Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is It Too Early To Give Up?

My first week hasn't been what I expected. I'm not sure what I expected, but this isn't it. I'm struggling--in a new way each day.

I thought coming in with a year under my belt would help me. This is so different from what I did last year that it hasn't.

I thought I might have one or two problem students, I have a plethora.

I thought I would be in control of my classroom. It's a power struggle and I am losing.

I thought I would avoid major embarrassment. I left my fly down.

Also, my house is a disaster.

I know that this is part of the journey. I know I'm on my way to figuring this group out. I know that I will improve with experience and knowledge and I know I CAN do all of those things. It's just increasingly difficult in the meantime.

No comments: